A zoning and setback verification must be approved by the Town of Wellington prior to a Regulated Marijuana Business License Application being submitted. The verification will take approximately four business days to complete. Below are some definitions and restrictions for marijuana store licenses. The full text of the ordinance can be found here: Ordinance Concerning the Regulation of Retail and Medical Marijuana Stores in the Town of Wellington
State Licensed Daycares in Wellington (In-Home daycares licensed through the Town of Wellington can be provided upon request.)
Sec. 2-14-30 Definitions. (In Part)
Direct Measurement: A straight line from the nearest property line of the Protected Use to the nearest portion of the building in which the Retail or Medical Marijuana Store License is located.
Premises: A distinct and definite location, which may include a building, a part of a building, a room, or any other definite contiguous area.
School: A public or private preschool, including a licensed daycare or a public or private elementary, middle, junior high, or high school, college, or principal campus of a college (and including the new Middle / High School at Wellington, not open as of the date of adoption of this ordinance).
Sec. 2-14-70 Restrictions for Applications for Marijuana Store Licenses.
- The Local Licensing Authority shall not receive or act upon an application for the issuance of a Local License pursuant to this Article:
- Until it is established that the applicant is, or will be, entitled to possession of the Premises for which application is made under a lease, rental agreement, letter of intent or other arrangement for possession of the premises or by virtue of ownership of the Premises.
- The approval of the application for Licensure for a Retail or Medical Marijuana Store License complies with all zoning ordinances and said zoning ordinances shall be amended as follows: Retail or Medical Marijuana Store Licenses shall only be permitted in the C-3 zoning district. In addition, the following setbacks will apply:
- Retail or Medical Marijuana Store Licenses shall not be permitted to be located within two thousand (2,000) feet of any parcel containing a school; and
- A Retail or Medical Marijuana Store License shall not be permitted to be located within five hundred (500) feet of parcels zoned P (Public District) or any parcel containing another retail or medical marijuana store License; and
- Retail or Medical Marijuana Store Licenses shall not be permitted to be located within two hundred (200) feet of parcels zoned R-l (Residential District), R-2 (Residential District) and/or R-4 (Residential District).
- In addition to the requirements of the Colorado Marijuana Code the Local Licensing Authority shall consider the evidence and make a specific finding of fact as to whether the Premises in which Retail or Medical Marijuana Store licensure application is to be sold is located within any distance restrictions established by, or pursuant to, this Section.
- The distance measurements and requirements pursuant to this Section shall be computed by Direct Measurement in a straight line from the nearest property line of the land containing the Protected Use to the nearest portion of the building in which the Retail or Medical Marijuana Store License is located.