- Our Town
- Building and Planning
- Contractor License
General Contractors & Subcontractors
The Town of Wellington requires all Contractors and Sub-contractor to hold a current Contractors License with the Town prior to applying for building permits. Contractor License's are valid for the calendar year. Renewals will be emailed to Contractors that are holding a current licenses.
Contractor License Application & Renewal
Contractor Licenses and Renewals are completed using the form below. Please download or print the application and email to Building@Wellingtoncolorado.gov once completed. Physical applications can be delivered in person to the Municipal Services Building at 8225 Third Street in Wellington but are NOT required if completing a digital submittal.
Once your application has been returned to the Town for review, the Town will give access or create a new account in Community Core / Connect for your company to apply for building permits online. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant requesting additional requirements or documents needed.
Contractor License Application & Renewal Form Click Here - Contractor License Application 2023
- If you are a contractor that also has a physical location in the Town of Wellington (residential or commercial) you must also complete a Business License Application. Click Here - Business License Application
Additional Documents Required to be included with your application
- Certificate of Insurance Liability
- All applicants must provide a current Certificate of Liability Insurance listing the Town of Wellington as the Certificate Holder. Please email current Certificate of Liability as an individual file separate from the Contractor License Application.
- General Liability minimum limits of $1,000,000.00 per occurrence and $2,000,000.00 aggregate limit.
- Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 127 Wellington CO, 80549
- Physical Address: 8225 Third Street Wellington CO, 80549
- Email: Building@wellingtoncolorado.gov
Updating an Insurance Certificate
- To send in an updated insurance certificate, please email Building@wellingtoncolorado.gov
- Completed applications will be reviewed and processed between 1-3 business days from submission date.
- Contractors may apply for their 2023 Contractors License at any point of the year.
Fees & Expiration Date
- The cost for a Contractor License is $50.00 for the calendar year.
- Licenses expires December 31st of the calendar year.
- 2024 Contractor Application & Renewal Forms will be available Friday November 1st, 2023.
- Once your application is processed you will be emailed a invoice for your license which can be paid for a few ways:
- Online through Community Core/ Connect
- In person by check delivered to the Municipal Service Building at 8225 Third Street in Wellington.
- By Mail to P.O. Box 127 Wellington, CO 80549
Obtaining a copy of your Contractor License
- Once payment clears the Town's banking report licenses will be generated and emailed. Physical copies can be made available, upon request.
- Friendly Reminder - Licenses will be emailed to primary applicants listed on the Contractor License Application.
Electrical Contractors & Plumbing Contractors
Electrical and Plumbing Contractors - Additional Documentation Required
- Photocopy of your State of Colorado Driver's License or Identification.
- Photocopy of your State of Colorado Masters Electrician or Plumbing License (wallet card acceptable.)
- Photocopy of your State of Colorado Electrical Contractor or Plumbing Contractor License (wallet card acceptable.)
Procedure for Contemporaneous Reviews of Electrical and Plumbing Licenses
This policy is in response to HB19-1086 effective January 1, 2020 (Plumbing), and SB19-156 effective July 1, 2019 (Electrical). This policy is pursuant to Section 12-155-120(1) and (10), Colorado Revised Statutes, which become effective Jan. 1, 2020.
Colorado Chapter of the International Code Council - Contemporaneous Review Procedure ←
PLEASE NOTE LICENSING@WELLINGTONCOLORADO.GOV IS FOR BUSINESS LICENSE APPLICATIONS ONLY.