Liquor Licensing

The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for accepting and processing liquor license applications.  

The liquor laws of the State of Colorado restrict the sale and dispensing of alcohol beverages. Any person intending to manufacture, sell, or deal in spirituous liquor in the State of Colorado must apply for a liquor license.  Colorado is a dual licensing authority which requires retailers to first obtain license approval at the local government level.  

While the Town Clerk is able to provide some assistance in the application process, the Clerk cannot provide legal advice and cannot make any representations or assurances as to the final outcome of the process.  It is not essential that you seek legal assistance to guide you through the process, although you may strongly consider doing so.  

For questions regarding liquor licensing, please contact the Town Clerk or visit the Colorado Department of Revenue's webpage.

Applications for Special Event Permit to serve liquor need to be submitted at lease 30 days prior to the event. 

Renewal applications need to be submitted 45 days prior to the license expiration date.