Public Notice (7/28/2022):
If you are a contractor looking to obtain a new license or renew an old license, please email email@example.com
General and sub-contractors working within the town limits are required to be licensed as a contractor through the Town of Wellington, prior to applying for a building permit.
This can be done by completing the following forms:
- Contractor License Application
- Lawful Affidavit Form
- IF YOU ARE THE SOLE PROPRIETOR (not Inc. or LLC) of your business, you must now comply with the requirements of House Bill 06S-1023
- A current copy of Commercial General Liability Certificate (Listing the Town of Wellington as the Certificate Holder)
Electric & Plumbing Contractors additional documentation required:
- Copy of your Colorado State Driver’s License or Identification
- Copy of your State of Colorado Plumbing or Electrician License
- Copy of your Master State License
Please email completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver forms to the Building Department located at the Municipal Services Building at 8225 Third Street in Wellington. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The cost for a Contractor License is $25.00 and it is valid through December 31st.
If you are a contractor that also has a physical location in the Town of Wellington (residential or commercial), you must also complete a Business License Application.
For questions regarding Contractor Licensing, please contact the Building Department at 970-568-3554