Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Town of Wellington invites you to participate in the annual Wellington Fourth of July parade. This parade will be held on July 4, 2023. The parade starts at 10 a.m. with line-up from 7 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (see below for line up details). JUDGING WILL START PROMPTLY @ 9 a.m. The check-in table will be at Wellington Blvd and Cleveland Ave for floats and vehicles and 1st Street and Cleveland Avenue for animals and walking groups. You must check in at this location! Registration and payment must be submitted by June 20th. Registration is $10!
NO DAY OF REGISTRATION!
This year’s entries will be judged in two categories: floats and walking entries with trophies for first, second, and third awarded during the parade. Judging will be based on originality, creativity, workmanship, and overall appearance.
WELLINGTON PARADE RULES
1. All entrants must check in at the registration table located at Wellington Blvd and Cleveland Ave between 7 a.m. and 9:45 a.m.
2. Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are not allowed.
3. Candy or other items are NOT ALLOWED to be thrown from a parade entry. Anyone wishing to pass items out can do so by having individuals walk beside their entry and throw items in such a manner that it reaches the curb at the ground – not in the air.
4. Anything other than candy (such as water, Frisbees, coupons, flyers, etc.) handed out during the parade must be handed out from the sides of the street. A wagon or appropriate container must be used.
5. Anyone enticing spectators into the street will be immediately removed from the parade.
6.No careless driving. Keep a safe but reasonable distance in front of you, especially if you are behind a group that is walking or is an animal group.
7. Parade entries should straddle the center line of the road.
8. The parade route is one-way. You may not reverse direction.
9. Burn-outs are not allowed.
10. Animals will be exposed to large groups of people and possibly loud and unexpected noises and must be under the control of their handler at all times.
11. If an Event Staff member makes a request (such as moving a vehicle), you must comply with that request.
JUDGING WILL START PROMPTLY @ 9 a.m •Floats should line up along Wellington Blvd and Saratoga facing South.
•Cars and other vehicles will line up on the extension going West from Wellington Blvd to County Road 9 facing East.
•Walking, animals, and other non-motorized entries will line up on First Street facing North.
Trophies for these three categories will be presented during the parade.
1. Submit your Parade Application online by June 20, 2023.
2. Submit your non-refundable parade fee to the Town of Wellington no later than June 20, 2023.
Payments can be submitted in person at the Municipal Services Building 8225 Third Street between 8-5 Monday-Friday.
Checks may be mailed to PO Box 127 or dropped off on the North side of the Municipal Service Building at the 24/7 drop box.
For questions, contact the Town of Wellington at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 413-1698.
I (we) have read the rules for the Wellington Parade and agree to follow said rules. I (we) understand that should said rules not be followed, I (we) can and will be removed from the parade route. I (we) agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend any action against the Town of Wellington, Colorado, its employees, agents and volunteers from and against all liabilities whatsoever arising out of their participation in the Wellington Christmas Parade. By submitting this online form you agree to the above.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field